Where: Foo Cafe, sign-up via meetup.com
When: Thu 24 May 2018 at 17.45 (Malmö/Stockholm time)
Time to sharpen the saw and get the discussions on AI and ML going. We’ve thought long and hard about how to expand the critical thinking in relation to AI/ML and are now proud to announce our very first debate!
We are teaming up with another Meetup, Barrel AI, and have invited Jenny Cederbom to be our moderator. We hope that our combined minds will expand our thinking on how this field can – and should - move forward.
Powerful AI, Good AI, Scary AI? Machine Ethics? In AI we trust? Artificial Stupidity? As AI keeps on evolving so are the application fields, not to forget the impact of false positives. Max Tegmark addresses the momentum adequately:
“Everything we love about civilization is a product of intelligence, so amplifying our human intelligence with artificial intelligence has the potential of helping civilization flourish like never before – as long as we manage to keep the technology beneficial.“
So let’s put up the stage for the event that will challenge our thinking on AI/ML and societal development. The outline for the event goes something like this:
- An in-house Machine learning evolution & Machine ethics tennis court will be setup.
- As you arrive to the event you will be assigned to YES or NO group and be seated at the YES or NO side of the tennis net.
- There will be 10-15 AI/ML “sensitive questions”.
- YES side will make sure to defend the question objective while NO side will be opposing it.
- Line judge Jenny will raise the questions and throw a ball to both sides controlling the debate rules: max 10min per question and max 1min per enthusiast.
- Game schedule overview:
17:50 – 18:00 Grouping into YES or NO 18:00 – 19:00 Game set 1 19:00 – 19:15 Refreshment break (pizza & beverages) 19:15 – 20:00 Game set 2 20:00 – 22:00 Reflections & beer/wine at Green Lion Inn
Sign up either here or through Barrel AI, but not both. And remember… always sign up via FooCafé too. Otherwise, no free pizza ;) http://www.foocafe.org/malmoe/events/1876-machine-learning-dev-vs-machine-ethics
Come and contribute to this two-sided AI/ML debate and get some serious perspective on machine ethics!
See you, D, S & F Critical Techies and J, M & M AI Monkeys